By removing the back, the Nautilus will accompany a child up to 100 pounds. Versatile, Convertible Design Lasts through Early Childhood
The Nautilus features an extended five-point harness design that can accommodate children over the age of one, from 20 to 65 pounds in weight--a wider range than most other forward-facing car seats. As your child grows, the seat easily converts to a high-back booster and then, lastly, to a backless booster for a child up to 100 pounds in weight. A steel-reinforced frame and superior construction help to ensure safety and durability through years of use.
Built for Comfort and Superior Safety
You can rest assured that your child will have superior protection while riding in the Nautilus, thanks to extensive crash testing and a steel-reinforced structure. The car seat meets or exceeds US Safety Standards, including U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213; the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), with peak Crash Force approximately twice the Car Seat Standard; and tests for Extreme Car Interior Temperatures. EPS energy-absorbing foam provides additional security and comfort.
As well as being secure and safe, your child will feel extra-comfy, too, with an easily adjustable head support, cushioned seat, and wide armrests; a cup holder and side storage keeps snacks and treasures close at hand.
In 1942, Russell Gray and Robert Cone formed Graco Metal Products, in Philadelphia, PA. For 11 years, the firm fabricated machine and car parts for local manufacturers. In 1953, Gray left the firm, leaving Cone as sole owner. Cone decided to manufacture his own line of products, but had trouble coming up with ideas. Enter David Saint, an engineer, tinkerer, and stained glass artisan who worked for Graco. Saint, himself a father of nine, was intrigued when an associate told him how his wife would soothe their tired and cranky baby while swinging in a backyard glider swing. Acting on this inspiration, he went to the drawing board and 18 months of hard work later, the world's first wind-up infant swing, the Graco Swyngomatic, was born. Graco sold millions of Swyngomatics in the coming years, becoming one of the world's leading manufacturers of juvenile products in the process. Today, Graco is a Newell Rubbermaid company, with 1500 associates worldwide. While a half-century has brought many changes to Graco, their dedication and commitment to designing and manufacturing top-quality products remains, and continues on.
What's in the Box
Graco Nautilus 3-in 1 Toddler Car Seat (Matrix).
Help keep your child harnessed as long as you can and if you can do that without buying a procession of car seats, even better! The new Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat is the only forward-facing car seat your child will need. It helps keep him safe in a 5-point harness longer than most car seats all the way up to 65 lbs.
Later, the seat converts to a highback booster then backless booster, for comfortable, custom protection up to 100 lbs. Extensive crash testing and a steel-reinforced structure give parents peace of mind, while the height adjusting head support and extra-comfy seat with wide armrests, cup holder and side storage help your precious passenger relax and enjoy the ride.
- Extended 5-point harness fits kids up to 65 lbs. to keep them safer longer
- Converts from 5-point harness to High-Back Booster for children 30-100 lbs. and Backless Booster for children 40-100 lbs.
- Steel reinforced structural frame: Steel reinforced frame provides strength and durability
- 3-position recline to get the correct installation and comfort
- Wider, padded armrests are extra comfy
- Head rest can be easily adjusted in one hand so it changes with child's growth
- Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard:
- U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213
- New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) peak Crash Force approximately 2X Car Seat Standard
- Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
- EPS, energy absorbing foam
- Cup holder and convenient side storage keep must-haves handy
- Open loop belt guides easily position your vehicle's seatbelt
- Recommended Use:
- 20 - 65 lbs. 5-point harness
- 30- 100 lbs. Highback Booster
- 40- 100 lbs. Backless Booster
- Dimensions: 20" x 22" x 29"