| "Dyson-Animal Ball Vacuum"|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User from Tennessee, USA|
|I have tried several vacuum cleaners on my rugs and have been very disapointed with each one.
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and a heavy sheading problem. This Dyson does the job that several others couldn't do.
I guess the old saying is correct; "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!". I would and have reconmended this vac to friends and relatives.
| "I Love My Dyson!!!"|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User|
|I had a really nice Kirby sweeper but needed a bagless sweeper because of the addition of 2 inside dogs. The Kirby was awesome but replacing the bags was getting way out of hand. Much too expensive to keep the Kirby. I read a lot of reviews on the Dyson on different websites and came across the Animal Dyson on Amazon.com which was a $140.00 cheaper than buying it locally. Most of the reviews were excellent and a few really worried me. I bought the Animal Dyson anyway and I am so glad I did!! Those few people that had problems must have bought lemons. There are always a few lemons in everything you buy from cd players to cars. Some people complained that it was too heavy. Those people should try pushing a Kirby. The Dyson is so light weight and actually fun to use. It just glides over the carpet. We have 3 different heights of carpet in our house and the Dyson works great on all of them. Someone complained about the hose feeling cheap. I just can not imagine what kind of sweeper that person had before. My Kirby had the stiffest plastic hose I had ever seen. The hose on the Dyson is very flexible and does not feel cheap to me. Another person complained about the Dyson not picking up well and not sucking up debris along the baseboards. I just don't understand these complaints because mine works fantastic! One person said the Dyson was hard to put together. Trust me, you do not need to be a scientist to put this thing together. Buy it and you will like it....I gave up a $1,600.00 bagged sweeper for a $420.00 Dyson and I love it! p.s. I'm 45 years old and have used a lot of sweepers.|
| "Wheels on dyson for moving across carpet."|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User|
|I purchased a DC-25 ball animal vacumn cleaner, and the wheels on the vacumn to move it around the house, are not large enough. When I am moving it across the carpet from room to room, it is very hard to roll, and binds in the carpet. Can this vacumn be modified to put larger wheels on it? Monte Cole|
| "Disappointed"|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User from Duluth, MN|
|I had heard so much hype online and from friends on how awesome the Dyson products are and I am sorry to say I do not see it. I've had it for a short period of time, but immediately found several items worth mentioning (which I had not read about).
1) the size of the head unit is narrow, so you do not get a lot of coverage per pass. It does allow for access to tighter areas, but I would rather use the attachments for that and get 2 to 4" more head width.
2) there is no carpet hight adjustment, so you have to work harder on high cut pile where the suction makes movement harder
3) there is no light, I miss the light
4) the cord is short and for my bigger rooms I have to use multiple outlets
5) one speed motor
6) the mechanics in back to raise and lower this unit to the floor is plastic, flimsy and does not reflect superior engineering. Real concerned about the life span of this part and when it goes I will have to ship the whole unit somewhere.
I am really second guessing this purchase over the Oreck commercial construction and local service.
| "The LAST vacuum brand you will buy"|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User from San Antonio, TX|
|After purchasing several top brand vacuums over the years, I finally opted for the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball. This is by far, the BEST vacuum I have ever used. The suction is powerful, the brushbar is easily removed when cleaning, as is the collection bin and filter. The suction is also just as strong on the cleaning hose(attachments). It has #1 turning/maneuverability! DEFINITELY worth the money!!!|
| "Very Happy! FINALLY"|| |
|- Reviewed By An Amazon User|
|I had been reading the reviews of the Dyson DC25 Animal and compared to other brands and other Dyson's. As a note I have a Hoover Windtunnel bought about 5 years ago. I bought the Dyson DC33 on Sat., took it home, put it together, and used it. I was kind of happy until I brought out my Hoover. Turned them both on to compare the suction - Hoover won, the DC33 went back.
I bought the DC25 Animal and brought it home. I had read that the only difference between the All Floor DC25 and Animal were the accessories. I conducted a couple of different tests to determine if it was going back to never buy a Dyson again. I tested the suction - very good, then put it to work on a the cream colored carpet in the hallway that has had caked on dust along the baseborads for ages - WOW!, after vacuming over a few times, what a major difference, although the carpet still needs cleaned, no more dark dust along the baseboards and the carpet cleaning dude told me they were they to stay! Next test - cream colored carpet in a bedroom that is not used, but was cleaned and vacumed 2 weeks ago and then the door was closed. Now, I expected to pick up some stuff, but definitely not as much as I did. Again, DC25 Animal was so far in my good graces. Next test, wood floors with dust bunnies from a shedding Lab. I have used my Hoover to suck up all the stuff on the floor, but still always something left, whereby I would sweep and dust again. The Animal got along all the little crevices and I was happy that there was nothing left to suck up. I also used it on a Belgian Wool navy blue rug -what a difference. I also used it on a couple of older braided rugs, YEAH!! It worked in getting everything that sticks to those older type of rugs. I di dnotice the house has a cleaner smell to it after vacuming.
I'll keep it! But, have to try the tool on the stairs - again cream colored carpet.
Now, for those there are considering if its worth the price:
1. I used a 30% Kohl's coupon
2. I am an Engineer and had no issue putting it together, however, my husband couldn't figure some things out. The written instructions are minimal, so review the pictures.
3. I have various types of carpet, but the one thing I noticed was that the beater bar didn't put lines or marks in your carpet so if you are used to walking in the room and noticing the carpet has been "raked" you won't necessarily get it with this, but do know your carpet is clean. I'll use my Hoover for that so I get pretty lines in my in-laws bedroom.
4. There is no storage compartment or clip for the smaller stair accessory.
5. You must fill out the paperwork for the warranty.
6. The length of the cord is fine for me, but may be short for others, it is still as long or longer than my Hoover.
7. The design is easy once you get used to it works. It is not as clunky as my Hoover WT.
8. When emptying the container, I still have to reach up and pull the dog hair out, but it is not as dirty as my Hoover. I have to use an air compressor on the Hover filter each time I use it. The Dyson I knock on the trash can a couple times and pull stuff out if necessary. The Dyson is still cleaner to clean than my Hoover.
9. The exhaust air is actually clean and does not smell. When vacuming dog hair up with the Hoover, the exhaust air smells like animal hair, not so with the Animal. It is actually clean.
10. Test it yourself and if you don't like it, take it back. The Animal picked up fuzz and dust I didn't know I had.
I will keep both my Hoover and Dyson - I'll use the Hoover to pick up the dirtier messes - I have a Lab and a houseful of teen/20 something boys - and the Dyson afterwards to get what the Hoover does not.