- Complete home theater experience from a single speaker and an unobtrusive wireless subwoofer--no rear speakers, no extra wires
- Stereo Dimensional Array (a patented Polk Audio exclusive) gives you digital surround sound with no clutter
- Dynamic Balance drivers produce flat frequency response and sharp detail
- Requires only a RCA stereo output from a TV, DVD play, or any source
- Easy to install on a wall, thanks to built-in key hole slots
Legendary Polk Audio sound combines with Polk Digital Logic to make watching TV and movies not only more exiting, but increadibly easy. Using a single SurroundBar loudspeaker and a wireless subwoofer, the SurroundBar SDA Instant Home Theater produces a generous soundstage and rich, full sound. To get started, connect the Surroundbar SDA to your TV and plug in its power cord. Then plug in the wireless subwoofer. Polk Audios patented SDA tehnology and Polk Digital Logic does the rest, bringing spectacular performance and convenience to all of us whose budget is limited but whose desire for great sound is not.Editorial Review
There's an easy way to get great, immersive surround sound pumping from your new flat panel, widescreen HDTV--Polk Audio's SurroundBar Series speakers, which provide single-speaker surround sound from one slim speaker bar. The Polk Audio AM1805 SurroundBar SDA Instant Home Theater requires only a RCA stereo output from a TV, DVD play, or any source--no additional electronics or wires are needed. It even comes with a wireless subwoofer and can "self learn" to work with your existing TV remote control.
The Polk Audio AM1805 SurroundBar SDA Instant Home Theater. It doesn't take big bucks to enjoy big sound.
The Polk SurroundBar SDA Instant Home Theater is a self-contained powered SurroundBar SDA loudspeaker and companion wireless powered subwoofer. We designed it for anyone who's technologically insecure. And we priced it so it won't add to the national debt. It's the most economical (dare we say smart) way to upgrade your flat panel's built-in speakers to a much, much higher level of performance and enjoy all the benefits of a three-dimensional sound stage.
No complicated audio connections on the rear of the SurroundBar (see larger image). It connects to your TV in under 5 minutes.
The SurroundBar SDA IHT works with your remote, the one you're already intimately familiar with. It also comes with all the wires you need for hook up--one. There is no complicated setup or anything else to buy. And you don't have to camouflage multiple speakers, because there are no rear speakers or rear speaker wires. Setup is just this easy:
- Un-box the speaker bar and wireless subwoofer.
- Connect the audio cable (which comes in the box) from your TV to the SurroundBar.
- Plug the bar and wireless subwoofer to electrical power.
- Set the bar in front of your TV (or mount it to the wall).
- Turn it on. You're done!
Rear of the subwoofer. Polk Digital Logic delivers the drama and the simplicity.
Polk Digital Logic (a combination of Polk's patented SDA technology and proprietary DSP programming) is how our engineers created the IHT's big sonic performance with no complicated setup or calibration. Like all Polk Audio SurroundBars, the Instant Home Theater's stunning surround sound effects are created independent of any room boundaries so it will work as well in your room as it does in our labs. And as with our other surround bars, Polk SDA technology helps maintain a solid center channel for clear, intelligible dialogue. Combined with Polk Digital Logic you can enjoy dramatic imaging, a three-dimensional sound envelope and, of course, Polk's signature sound--warm, with exceptional immediacy, fullness and clarity. This wireless subwoofer has a kick no matter where you place it.
The SurroundBar SDA Instant Home wireless woofer gives you the flexibility to place the woofer anywhere in your room. Plus you'll never have to run expensive and unsightly line level audio cables all around the room. The subwoofer's small size means you can hide it away behind or under furniture. Your room is refreshingly free of clutter. The subwoofer employs a powerful DSP digital amplifier and Polk's Dynamic Balance Driver Technology for the deep, punchy bass that turns movies, games and TV programs into real gut-pounding thrills.
What is SDA Surround Sound Technology
SDA stands for Stereo Dimensional Array, a patented Polk Audio exclusive. When a multi-channel recording is made, sound supposed to be heard at your left ear comes only out of the left speaker. However over a sound system, you hear sound from the left speaker not only in your left ear but also your right ear as well. The dedicated SDA driver produces a SDA signal to control the amount and type of sound the further ear hears. By carefully controlling the SDA signal, SDA Surround Technology allows the sound image to be precisely steered and projected into the room. You'll experience sound effects and instruments coming from all around you, with no physical speakers beside or behind. Specifications Subwoofer
- Woofer: 6-1/2-inch wireless long-throw Dynamic Balance polymer composite driver
- Dimensions: 10-1/4 x 10 x 10-1/4 inches (WxHxD)
- Warranty: 1 year (electronics)
- Midrange: 4-1/2-inch Dynamic Balance composite cone drivers
- Tweeter: 2-1/2-inch polycarbonate dome tweeters
- Dimensions: 31-3/4 x 4 x 4-5/8 inches (WxHxD)
- Mounting options: keyhole slots for wall mounting or cradles for surface mounting
- Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)