Those Who Can, Teach
Those Who Can, Teach is a current, dynamic, reader-friendly text that helps students make informed decisions about entering teacher education programs. The authors of this best-selling book use multiple sources, including biography and unique author dialogues, to increase student interest and involvement with the material. The authors' direct, conversational voice invites students to reflect on the problems and satisfactions of teaching in the United States, so students can regard becoming a teacher a positive challenge.
This text is organized around four themes"Schools and Students," "Teachers," "Foundations and the Future," and "The Teaching Profession"and a series of questions that are key to the central issues and concerns of teaching and learning. The Tenth Edition features increased emphasis on reflection and reflective teaching and a continued emphasis on diversity, with added statistics on minority groups, including Asian/Pacific Islanders and Native Americans.
- New! The "Open to Debate" feature explores controversial education matters. In this feature, the two authors express opposing views on issues about which they truly disagree, providing readers with a balanced perspective instead of an established theoretical agenda.
- New! The "Voices from the Classroom" feature provides interviews with real teachers, administrators, and other school personnel who give tips and advice to new teachers on key topics.
- New! "Pause and Reflect Questions" appear 34 times in each chapter to encourage students to stop and consider an idea and its relevance to their own experiences.
- New! Increased coverage of standards-based education throughout the text includes a new correlating table that connects textbook content to INTASC (Interstate New Teacher Assessment & Support Consortium) teacher standards.
- New! A new student CD-ROM includes video resources, graphic resources, and primary text resources, all followed by reflection questions.
- An expanded companion web site includes ACE self-quizzes, links, additional "Voices from the Classroom" features, enhancements of "Biography," "Open to Debate," and "Policy Matters!" features with links to updated information and additional reflection questions. The site also includes a classroom observation guide and tips for creating a teaching portfolio.
|Store||Condition||Price||Total||Buy Link||Availability & Info|
GoSale may earn a fee when you follow links to make a purchase.Last updated: May 27, 2020 at 22:24 EST. Pricing information is provided by the listed merchants. GoSale.com is not responsible for the accuracy of pricing information, product information or the images provided. Product prices and availability is subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on amazon.com or other merchants at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of the product. As always, be sure to visit the merchant's site to review and verify product information, price, and shipping costs. GoSale.com is not responsible for the content and opinions contained in customer submitted reviews.